View Full Description
The triple-channel Triple Crown TC-50 Rack head is a gigging and recording musician's dream amp. Featuring 3 completely independent channels, 50 watts of gig-ready tone, and multiple outputs including Mesa Boogie's cab-simulated Cab Clone; the Triple Crown can adapt to any musical genre and professional situation. Here in rack format, the TC-50 Rack Head easily mounts in your rig for a professional, self-contained amplification solution.
The Triple Crown's 3-channels are completely independent, each with a 3-band EQ, presence, gain, and level controls, alongside a voicing switch which selects between normal/tight responses (drive on the clean channel). These 3 channels are accessible via MIDI or the included footswitch, giving you instant access to sparkly cleans, edge-of-breakup drives, crunch, overdrive, and full-on saturation with huge harmonic content for the most nuanced and complex solo tones. This gives you the full spectrum of tones, from vintage to contemporary sounds and everything in between.
50 Watts Plus Solo Boost
Two master volumes allow you to set a core volume level, alongside a preset boosted level for solo jumps. The amp's 50 watts are delivered with Mesa's A/B valve power, giving you incredible headroom, dynamic response, and compression - this is the ideal level for professional gigging and recording musicians.
Switch from EL34 to 6L6's
The TC-50 comes pre-loaded with EL34 valves for a British-style rock voice when overdriven. Should you wish to switch to 6L6 output valves for an American-style tone, simply swap your tubes and flick the fixed bias switch - no fiddly biasing needed or phone calls to your amp technician. The EL34's can even be directly switched for 6V6's, giving you a half-power output with a bubbly, vintage-style response with more harmonic content at lower volumes.
Mesa Boogie's well-established Cab Clone is featured on the Triple Crown, giving you a direct-out signal with the emulation of several different cab types - perfect for gigging and recording. A handy headphone out also lets you practice silently, with a built-in speaker-defeat for safe, silent operation.
MIDI, FX Loop, and More
MIDI Control allows you to integrate the Triple Crown TC-50 with your live switching rig, with a one-button store process to quickly save presets. A tube-buffered FX loop provides an easy way to connect your time-based effects pedals with clarity and warmth. The Triple Crown also has a built-in, all-tube reverb circuit with a rich sound and independent levels between the LO and HI channels.
Guitarist Magazine - 4.5 stars out of 5:
" Like all Mesa products, the Triple Crown is beautifully designed, with a fine degree of attention to detail…
No doubt about it, the Triple Crown has three channels packed full of world-class tone that only a handful of amps can compete with…
Read the full review on the Music Radar Website
Guitar Player Magazine:
" the TC-50 is an insanely flexible amp … Between its sparkling cleans and furious overdrive, there are plenty of great sounds… that can fill the bill for blues, jazz, country, and a whole lot else…"
Read the full review on the Guitar Player Website
About Mesa Boogie
Petaluma-based Mesa Boogie is an American amp manufacturing company, established in 1971 by Randall Smith as a small repair shop. After producing amplifiers for prominent early customers, Carlos Santana and Ron Wood included, Mesa Boogie quickly gained a reputation as a high-end amp designer with its iconic Mark Series amplifiers, still produced today. Mesa Boogie is now a prolific company with a key range of amplifiers including the Mark series, the Rectifier series, and the Express line. With players in all genres, from progressive metal to blues, rock, jazz, alt-rock and more, Mesa Boogie is widely regarded as one of the ultimate premium amplifier manufacturers, with a huge fan-base and diverse range of professional players.
- Type: Valve
- Output Power: 50 Watts RMS (25 Watts when used with 6V6 valves, not included)
- Valves: 2xEL-34 Power Tubes / 6x12AX7 & 1x12AT7 Preamp Tubes
- Channels: 3 - Clean, Lo, Hi
- Clean Channel: Bass, Mid, Treble, Pres, Master, Gain, Voicing Switch (Drive/Norm)
- Lo Channel: Bass, Mid, Treble, Pres, Master, Gain, Voicing Switch (Tight/Norm)
- Hi Channel: Bass, Mid, Treble, Pres, Master, Gain, Voicing Switch (Tight/Norm)
- Master: Solo, Output
- Rear: MIDI Store, MIDI Channel Select, CabClone Ground Lift Switch, CabClone Voicing (Vintage/Open/Closed Back), Speaker Off, Speaker Impedence (4/8 Ohms), FX Loop (On/Footswitch), Solo (On/Footswitch), Reverb (On/Footswitch), Bias Switch(EL34/6L6)
- Footswitchable Functions: 1, 2, 3, Reverb, FX Loop & Solo
- Connectivity: Guitar In (1/4''), FX Loop In/Out (1/4''), CabClone DI (XLR), Uncompensated Line Out (1/4'')/Headphone Out(1/4''), MIDI In/Thru
- Speaker Outputs: 2 x 1/4'' - 4 ohm/8 ohm switchable
- Bias: Fixed Bias
- Accessories: 3x3, 6 Button Footswitch (Bottom Row: Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3 – Top Row: Reverb, FX Loop, Solo)
- Dimensions: 7'' H x 19'' W x 9 1/2'' D
- Weight: 11.34 Kg